Researcher for PhD (m/f) "Wheel Rail Tribology" Topic: "Design of Microstructural Properties to recuce Wheel-Rail Wear and Damage"
- Build-up of knowledge regarding the design of microstructural properties of wheel-rail materials to improve their wear, fatigue and thermal induced damage behaviour
- Development of validated models describing the influence of heat treatment and alloying of wheel materials on their microstructural properties
- Application of models to improve wheel materials with respect to their wear, fatigue and thermal induced damage behaviour
- Planning of experiments, participation at testing, analysis of experimental results and using this data for model parameterization and Validation
- Publication of work in journals, conferences, etc.
- Master degree in material science, mechanical engineering or physics
- Knowledge in material science and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge appreciated in tribology and modeling
- Programming skills (preferably MATLAB®)
- Ability to work in a team and good language skills (German and English)
- Chance to work on an international platform for research and development
- Work in a dedicated and dynamic team
- Participation at international symposia
- Internal career opportunities
The minimum annual salary, depending on qualification and classification, is EUR 39,200 gross. An overpayment is possible and depends on qualification and the present special experience. (Junior or Senior Research Position)
APPLY NOW and JOIN OUR TEAM!