Master Thesis: Optimization of EE components passive cooling (with focus on inverter) by means of 3D CFD-CHT analysis
The goal of this thesis is the numerical analysis and optimization of cooling concepts for electrical components used in hybrid and electric vehicles with focus on inverter.
- Literature study on existing cooling concepts for electrical components (focus on inverter)
- Selection of one EE component with available measurement data (literature or AVL-intern)
- Preparation of different cooling concepts (active and passive)
- Modeling and CHT (Conjugate Heat Transfer) mesh generation
- 3D CFD simulation for steady and transient load cycles
- Comparison of measured and calculated data
- Rating of cooling improvement
- Technical or natural science studies
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge in electro-technical sciences
- Basic knowledge of simulations and models
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.