Master Thesis: FE modeling of structural failure mechanisms resulting from consecutive load cases of different kinds during battery testing
AVL List GmbH, Graz
During battery testing, a big variety of different load cases has to be considered. To save time and cost, battery packs should undergo multiple load cases after each other (e.g. High-cycle-fatigue followed by crash loads). The goal of this master thesis is to be able to gauge the influence concerning structural failure considering different consecutive load cases and to implement suitable simulation models.
- Literature study on failure mechanisms and suitable FE-modelling
- Development of suitable tests
- Implementation and supervision of required tests
- FEM modeling
- FEM simulation
- Comparison of measurements and calculated data
- Technical and natural science studies
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge of simulations and modeling
- Basic knowledge of material modelling
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.