Master Thesis - Abaqus Modelling
AT & S Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik Aktiengesellschaft, Leoben
Master Thesis or Internship Quality "Development of an ABAQUS Modelling Plugin for Fast Model creation"
Finite element based simulation allows to virtually assess Printed Circuit boards with regard to reliability behavior and lifetime prediction already early in the product definition phase. To improve the AT&S Finite Elements toolset and to increase the efficiency of the modelling procedure the current project shall deliver a standardized and automatized procedure for PCB model creation.
- Development of a python based Abaqus plugin supporting the AT&S PCB modeling procedure
- Implementing the current modelling workflow into Abaqus finite element software environment
- Generation of a Graphical User Interface providing the required input / output functionality
- Providing the technical documentation
- Documentation of the plugin code functionality
- Setup of a user manual
- Validation of the plugin functionality
- Comparison with standard modelling procedure
- Assessment of efficiency
- Measuring and evaluation will yield the experimental part of the thesis
- A recognized technical education (Bachelor Degree FH, University) and currently finishing her / his Master in a technical field Computer Science, Technical Mathematics, or similar
- Good Programming skills, focus on Python scripting language
- Experiences in Finite Element modelling and skills in 3D design are of advantage
- A highly structured and methodical work approach
- Solution thinking and independent working skills
- Master thesis on the topic or an internship on a 6 months basis
- Flexible working time arrangement
- Personal and professional growth opportunities in a multinational, dynamic company
- A vibrant, positive and rewarding working atmosphere
- Excellent working conditions
Our salary packages are competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into consideration. In accordance with the Austrian collective labour agreement, we advise you that the minimum monthly gross salary for this role is 1.153,- EUR (in case it is a mandatory internship for a University of Applied Sciences).
If you are interested in this challenging task, please send us your application and detailed resume. It´s just a click to apply online and we are looking forward to it.