Master Thesis - Influence of viscoelastic material models
AT & S Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik Aktiengesellschaft, Leoben
Finite element based simulation allows to virtually assess Printed Circuit boards with regard to reliability behavior and life time prediction already early in the product definition phase. Material models that are utilized for these simulations are one of the key factors for the quality of the overall simulation process. This thesis shall assess the influences of material of non-linear, temperature and time dependent material behavior on the simulation results.
- Quantitative assessment of visco-elastic time dependent material behavior in material models for thermoset, epoxy based FR4 laminates.
- Setup linear elastic and viscoelastic material models for epoxy based laminates from 2 PCB-material families
- Carry out mechanical tests at
- AT&S test environment
- Derive material cards for use in Abaqus Simulation suite
- Carry out FE simulation for defined test vehicles
- Build hardware test vehicles and validate the simulated results.
- A recognized technical education (Bachelor Degree) and currently finishing her / his Master in a technical field such as Polymer Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Equivalent
- Good understanding of material and composite mechanics required
- FE Modelling skills are an advantage
- A highly structured and methodical work approach
- Solution thinking and independent working skills
- Strong analytical and communicational skills
- Full English proficiency written and oral
- Solid IT-skills
- Master thesis on the topic or an internship on a 6 months basis
- Flexible working time arrangement
- Personal and professional growth opportunities in a multinational, dynamic company
- A vibrant, positive and rewarding working atmosphere
- Excellent working conditions
Our salary packages are competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into consideration. In accordance with the Austrian collective labour agreement, we advise you that the minimum monthly gross salary for this role is 1.153,- EUR (in case it is a mandatory internship for a University of Applied Sciences).
If you are interested in this challenging task, please send us your application and detailed resume. It´s just a click to apply online and we are looking forward to it.